8/23/08

River Floating

Boise is a city that can act like a small town. There are things I love most about Boise... the wonderfully warm weather, the Bronco Nation of fans, the easy access to hiking and biking trails. This past week, we discovered another gem hidden in the center of this modern city. Floating the Boise River has apparently been a popular outing for residents and visitors alike, but in the 3 or more years, Jeremy and I have lived here, we've never experienced it's thrills. Until this week that is...

We were lucky enough to have a neighbor babysit Noah and Mikey, and we took Eric and Timo out floating on the river. Everything combined to make it a great afternoon, perfect weather, not too crowded on the river, and rather inexpensive. There are even some small rapids to cross along the way. Timo was scared at first, but was enjoying it by the end, and Eric would have been fine going on his own (he's the adventurous one).


In some places along the banks, people have hung rope swings. I have never been brave enough to actually tarzan out over a river, but I decided I wanted to make my boys proud, so... yes, that's me. In this picture, I actually jumped off a huge stump (I'm sorry it's blurry, it's the best we have right now.)

1 comment:

Jessumca said...

Oh that looks so refreshing, Becka! You guys are so lucky to live there! I am going to have to come visit you guys and do all the cool stuff that you guys get to do.