8/5/08

Imperfections Among Us (Me)


I must admit that I am some-what a bit of a "book worm". I always knew that I was abnormally interested in school, especially anatomy and biology. What I just learned recently is that while burying my little head in big books, I neglected to learn those necessary people skills for everyday, real life living.
Sometimes I just don't say the right things, sometimes I can really offend people without knowing it. In an effort to better myself and learn those people skills I am admitting this fault outloud to you all. Now, you will probably go, "Ah - Ha! She is waking up!" And I apologize deeply that I may have offended you all without even knowing it, by giving a blank stare instead of a true response, or by saying things that are completely off topic and interrupting the conversation. I do it again and again. Who knows I'm probably even doing it right now. I appreciate your ability to overlook those faults and love me anyways.
I feel sad and over whelmed about myself. I am unsure of where to begin to better myself and I feel a huge need to express this regret that I am not a better person to all of you who deserve so much more. I know all the stuff about no one being perfect but you all have me beat by a really long shot. Sorry, maybe it's pity party time? ...

No comments: