3/31/10

A new way of thinking

I realized earlier today that I am not "in it to win it." I love taking pictures, memorializing the daily events of my life, things I love or want to save forever. A picture can capture an entire emotion in one quick flash. 

Some people (and Jeremy) have the ability and patience to look for that perfect shot, attempting time and time again.  And I've always thought that I should try harder to become that type of photo guru. Timing my shots and making sure that the lighting is just right... 

A long time ago, I remember having some OCD-ish habits. I would write and then re-write my homework notes meticulously in notebooks and if I messed up on one line, the entire page would be torn out and I began again. If I couldn't do something perfect then why do it to begin with.

It seems like every time I turn around my life with my boys teaches me something new. My life is not perfect, we struggle with everyday little things, I often burn eggs and have even ruined good pans by burning water. Yes, that's right... after the water evaporates, the pan continues to get hotter and hotter! I eat chocolate chips at odd hours of the day or night, sometimes I even skip lunch and have a delicious donut instead. I am a crazy, not just by a little bit, but certifiably so!

But I know for sure, that through thick and thin, four boys and one big man love me in spite of (if not for) all of that!

So, anyways, in my perfectly un-perfect life why would I want to throw out the out-takes, the everyday out-takes. I think my photo album would be completely bare...



Eric and Timo are spending their spring break mornings at the YMCA learning about swimming safety. Timo would never show up in a stop-motion film, because he simply never stops. This picture is totally blurry, but there above all the blurry motion are two beautiful eyes that I simply adore. Oh, yeah, and the kid behind the eyes isn't too bad, either! 

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Very well said. I think this is your best post to date!