9/12/08

Cow + Heart = Yummy!













Today, Jeremy, Timo, Eric and I all tried a brand new menu item. Cow's Heart.
It was surprisingly (hearty?) good. I know, this is turning into a regular thing with blogging about our food adventures. But I take my food very, very seriously. I enjoy eating. I love thinking about my next meal. I ponder spices and mixing different textures for the next taste explosion.
The only different between eating a rump roast and the heart is psychological. With the first few bites I put in my mouth, I thought "Wow, I'm eating a COW'S HEART!" But truthfully, it wasn't bad at all.

You may be asking what prompted Jeremy and I to experiment and try different foods. Well, my little explorer friends, it began with a TV show (Bizaar Foods with Andrew Zimern.) This daring dude travels all over the world eating all sorts of weird things. Some things are still too crazy for me, but we thought "If he can do it, so can we." The internet is amazing at giving tips at cooking and we just throw caution to the wind and are in for a ride...

Next up? Cow's Tongue or maybe Pork Tripe? I don't know, that's what makes it an adventure.

1 comment:

Brent Hope said...

True story:

I heard Grandma Gurney ask Fredrick what he wanted for dinner that night. Rick blurted out, "how bout some tasty Ram's bladder!: Grandma says all dramatic, (and I swear to this) "Oh Fredrick you know about my condition!"

I laughed my head off!!