7/22/08

Stormy mornings in July

This morning, we awoke to a bright flash and then KABOOM!!! thunder crackling in the heavens. The boys went about their normal morning, getting dressed, eating breakfast, the occasional fight over some toy...




Then a sudden downpour from the heavy clouds above. I absolutely loved growing up with thunderstorms. I would sit out on our back porch as a kid and read books while in the distance a thunderstorm would be breaking the horizon. When I hear those familiar crackles and feel the static in the air, I get goosebumps and I feel like a little kid again.

 
Posted by Picasa



As it started to pour down buckets of rain I gathered the kids onto the porch so they could watch the storm in the safety and security of our home.
In the aftermath, they were eager to run and play in the new formed puddles and Noah was interested in the rain catcher and the mud that was made by it.



After living in the rainy state of Washington, I have to say that one of the best things of an Idaho summer thunderstorm is that it only lasts a short time. This afternoon the boys are already outside running around in the warmth of the afternoon sunlight.

1 comment:

Krista said...

I love these storms.