7/20/08

Crafty nights

For the last three years or so I had been working off and on to finish a hand-designed Boise State afghan for Jeremy. Well, in my incredibly lonely nights here I finally finished it!!!



This one was definitely a challenge to design but it turned out to be my favorite one to date. It is double sided, with one side being the design and the other side is a simpler granny-stitch.



I love each and every afghan that I have completed, even the ones that end up getting thrown out for not making the grade. This particular afghan was taken apart and remodeled many, many times, but in the end I think it came out very pretty.

Go Boise State Broncos!!!


I don't know if this only happens in our house, but we constantly have to look for the remote controls for the TV. On top of that we have multiple remotes for each TV, and they have always seemed to get lost in the couch cushions with the change.
So, the other night (while dreaming) I had the brilliant idea of making a little pocket to keep them in, so we will always know where they are. Well, I decided to make my mental snapshot become a reality and came up with this! If anyone is interested in a "Remote Pocket" (or has an idea for a better name for it) let me know.
(Yes, that's right folks', that is a Becka-version NBC logo inside a widescreen TV that you're looking at on the front of my pocket)

1 comment:

Tess said...

That afghan is amazing! We are most definitely our grandmother's granddaughters! I love doing that stuff. I am not skilled enough yet though to design one myself! You're superwoman! And as a sidenote on the remote holder, my mom made one for our house too...it's not exactly the same but the idea is so handy!