7/29/08

A Healthier Me

After my fourth and final baby boy, I officially laid the scale down and hopped on the weight-loss wagon. I realize it's only the beginning of a life-long battle between me and those dreaded (read - delicious) Krispy Kreme Donuts. (Pausing to drool)
Standing in front of my bathroom mirror, staring myself down, I made a huge discovery and am so proud of myself I thought I would share it with all my loyal readers.
*** I am beautiful just the way I am ***
Now, this does not mean my battle is over, it just has taken a new course. I am beginning to see myself as the talented and gifted daughter my Heavenly Father wants me to be. My desires to fit into those special jeans (Jeremy, you know the ones I mean) or to be a certain size have been replaced with the desire to be able to physically run faster than my 6 year old. Living a long life of excitement and being active is my new motto.
But... now I really, really want that Fresh Glazed Donut!

5 comments:

Tess said...

Why can't all women think like this!?!

Anonymous said...

Becka, you're crazy awesome. And if you're not going to eat the donuts...pass them this way.

Unknown said...

You rock! I am very proud of you for realizing what I have thought all along! We are beautiful, just the way we are, and we need to set different goals than a certain pant size, or weight limit, our goals should be to be healthy, and be able to be active! And most of all to be HAPPY!

I love you tons sis

Brent Hope said...

Hey Man, like...can I have the donuts already?

Becka said...

Don't you see the picture - I'm telling you, favorite brother of mine, keep away from my donuts! I love you and miss you!