1/25/09

A little melancholy day

Lately, I have been feeling a little melancholy and sad. Just a few days ago I realized why...

I have been feeling the intense feeling of loss of an amazing woman.

Her name was Leilani, and she was a stubborn, gorgeous, hot-tempered, beautiful lady. And she just happens to be the mother of my wonderful husband.

We didn't get to spend a lot of time together, she was taken away way too early. Part of my melancholy feeling is the realization that I didn't take advantage of her knowledge and love when I had it right in front of me.

Growing up she had a rough life, we shared that background. She loved a boy that I fell hopelessly, head-over-heels in love with.



It has been a very long six years since she was last able to give me a hug, or a piggie kiss on the cheek, or we were able to watch our morning dose of Martha Stewart.

There are days when I have questions about feelings I have, Jeremy's childhood, or just how to make a totally rad casserole, yet she is no longer a phone call away.

Since some of my loyal readers know who this amazing woman was, I thought I would drown my sorrows with you in Blogtown.

Thank you for listening to my moment of missing...

On a completely lighter note, as I was looking for this picture I came across another photo that made me remember the earlier days too, so I will also share it with you all...



This was taken when living in Tacoma, Wa in the summer of 2007. I love looking at these older pictures of my boys and Jeremy together, so I hope you do as well.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

I can't believe it has already been 6 years.

Winegar Family said...

It seems like such a long time because I miss her so much. Sometimes I stop by her grave just to talk to her. I need her advice so badly sometimes and I too wish I would have more fully realized all she could have taught me. There's no doubt I don't want to leave my children, but I can't wait for the day I get another hug from her. Thanks for taking time to remember her. It helps to know it hurts others just as much to know she's gone.