9/11/09

This Way...

Ok. (This is the absolute last time that I will mention this, I promise)

Yesterday evening, after the kids new schools' open house, we went into downtown Boise to go to Winco (of course, where else would we be going?) to grab some groceries. Downtown resembles a square grid of mixed one-way and two-way streets.


As my wonderfully handsome husband Jeremy creeps slowly closer to old age, he is showing the very beginning signs of dementia. Bobbing his head along with the ipod that is blasting through the speakers of our yacht sized Suburban, he wasn't completely paying attention to the road.

Turning left onto a right-turn only street, being bombarded with honking horns, bright red mustangs coming straight for us, and those pesky street people pointing and laughing. Okay, okay, it wasn't that bad! The one red mustang coming toward us honked in disapproval and two fellas sitting on the curb watched in amazement as Jeremy expertly committed himself to a full 3-point (or was it 8?) turn trying to get our gigantic vehicle out of the way.

It was so funny, and it truly doesn't happen often that Jeremy makes a boo-boo while driving, so I needed to jab him! Unfortunately, I promised that I wouldn't tease forever! I love you, honey!

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

I'm glad I was able to give you something to laugh about...for the rest of your life.
And yes it was a three point turn, thank you to the bus lane.
The sad part is this isn't the first time I went down the wrong way of a one way street. Last time I was only 16 and it was in Blackfoot, Idaho. Kind of a big difference.

Becka said...

Lol, you're funny! Well, I mess up all the time driving so I thought I would tease you for a change!