6/13/08

End of the school year

Well, here it is - mid June and our Eric has only 1 1/2 days left in Kindergarten! He has grown so much and learned more than I thought possible in one year of Kindergarten. He has had a wonderful teacher that has taught more than just reading and writing. She's taught him that he doesn't have to be perfect, that mistakes are human, but most important she's taught him that learning can be fun.



As his mommy, I was excited for his FIRST day of Kindergarten but I didn't get too emotional. I mean, at that time I still had two other little boys at home. I didn't take that much time to think about how his life changed that day, I barely even had time to tie my own shoes in between tying Timo's for the ump-teenth time that day! But now I feel the need to express my joys and wonderment at each new thing he accomplishes. When he begs and begs to play on the computer at nick.com or when he asked a billion times right in row if he can go to the neighbor kid's house I realize more and more how my relationship with each of them is going to change. And then the times when he just gets up from whatever he's doing and starts cleaning up all the toys and comes over and asks if there's anything he can do for us, and asks me if I would like a foot massage and I know that he will always be my son, and I will always get to be his Mommy. Sometimes it isn't fair or even fun to either of us but hopefully in 12 years it will all seem worth it.

I am so proud of my Eric! I am proud of them all, but Eric is the oldest and the one who gets to do everything first, so...

Eric, I love you!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Eric, congrat's of finishing kindergarten. We are so proud of you. Love, Aunt Krista and Uncle Sam.

Anonymous said...

Good job, Eric! Aunt Pam and I will miss you when you move. Tell mommy to keep up these posts so we can watch you and your brothers grow.

Uncle D