11/14/09

A Great Big Thank You!

Happy Veterans' Day to everyone of my countrymen! Since the beginning of school this year, Eric's music teacher has been preparing a Veteran's Day Program. And we got to all go to his school yesterday and check it out.

The school also made a blanket using the student's drawings of what they love the most about America. This blanket is being sent to a soldier in Iraq.


The theme was to draw something (anything) that they love about America. I fully expected him to have drawn Transformers or Boise State. But I was pleasantly surprised when we finally found his square.


His music teacher told them that if any of the songs made their Mommy cry then they had to get ice cream. Well, um, let's just say that I still owe Eric his bowl of ice cream. In my defense, I love America and specifically songs about America.

No comments: