1/4/10

A Sun(ny)day

Yesterday, we went to our new ward. This meant waking up at the crack of 8 am, getting everyone up and dressed up, and placing the Sunday roast in the preheating oven.

Jeremy's not-so-subtle hints about roast beef, mashed potatoes with gravy, and corn being his favorite Sunday dinner finally won me over (again!)

Now, admittedly, in the 9 plus years of marriage I am not known my delicious roast dinners. They usually turn out tough and dry, and on top of that butter has been my natural substitute for gravy. Not delicious!

So, personally I didn't have great expectations out of the roast that was being slowly baked in my oven while I was in church. I was just thankful that the lessons were fulfilling!

When we got home, I checked the roast and to my absolute amazement, it wasn't dry or tough, it was just right. Then I splurged by cooking up some gravy (from a mix, of course). Needless to say, dinner was a pleasant surprise, at least until we found out that the roast was only about half as big as we need! I am in shock at how much the boys eat - and they're not even teenagers yet! We are currently accepting donations of any type to survive their future growing spurts! :0)

All of my boys looked so handsome, so we took a few pictures; after sorting out the outtakes we found one that is decent enough to share!




3 comments:

Brent Hope said...

Holy Schmoley those boys are handsome!! So, so cute!! Ruth couldn't cook until we started going to church either. Hope your new ward was good.

Jessumca said...

I LOVE Noah's vest! They all look so cute, though! Congrats on the great dinner. I'm too scared to try one of those yet. :)

Becka said...

Ugh, cooking dinner for a whole family can be stressful sometimes! I guess that's why peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were invented!

Our new ward was so good, once we finally found them! We have to drive to a different building even though we live right across the street from one! Silly boundaries! But, yes, the ward is wonderful!