1/28/10

Simply inspired...

In the hours between boy bedtime and when my wonderful husband gets off of work, I blog search. I do it frequently and with fervor and passion. Most of the time, I see artistic and gorgeous sites, but a few days ago I discovered one blog in particular that has captured my heart.

It is the moving story (and life) of a young LDS mother of four children, who was severely injured in a small plane crash a few years ago. Her name is Stephanie Nielson. Both her and her husband were badly injured, but he was able to pull her out of the wreckage and save her life.

A few months ago, she was on the Oprah show and as she was talking about her slow recovery in the hospital, she said:

"[I was] with somebody who told me that I could choose to live and have a hard life, you know, embarrassing at times and painful. Or, I could just stay there, and there's lots of work I could do there too. But I thought of my children and my husband, and it was easy. An easy choice."

This may seem like a simple quote, but when faced with the possibility of everlasting peace and eternal knowledge she chose to live a much more difficult life surrounding herself with her loving family, showering them with love. She may call that an easy choice, but in those words I am reminded of the amazing spirit that must reside in such a woman and I am simply inspired. 

If you wish to view her blog, I am adding her as a link on my favorite blogs. 


1 comment:

Brent Hope said...

Excellent blog and great find. What a sweet story. I am an official reader now.