7/23/09

"They're sticking into me!!!"

Okay, so amid all of the other things that go on in the Rigby household, we have four young boys who love to spin the wheels of Jeremy's mountain bike. First of all, I should insert an explanation in here. The IronHorse Mountain Bike is parked upside down along one wall of our living room.

Friday night, just one week ago, Noah was busy ignoring the many warnings of his parents and was happily spinning said wheel. Well, being the curious youngster he is, he must have decided to do a little brake check for Daddy.


The disc brake is surprisingly sharp for those of you who don't know. And when I delicate little finger gets caught between a disc brake and the bike frame...

Damage occurs, blood pours, two year olds cry, parents rush to the scene, and a trip to the local emergency room follows...


At the emergency room, Sponge Bob saves the day (along with a wonderful doctor who shows up with lidocaine). Noah, the trooper that he is, fell asleep before the 5 stitches were stitched and thankfully stayed asleep until we arrived home.


The funny thing about little boys is that bandaids are a miracle cure. Once I take a used, ragged bandaid off - he immediately freaks out and gets scared because, to quote him "They're sticking into me!!!" (Yes, three exclamation marks!) Then, just as quickly, a new bandaid makes the "Owwies all gone!"

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

We need to get a picture of the face he makes every time he sees his stitches. Classic.

Brent Hope said...

I wish I would have had some rough and tumble boys like you guys. I mean, I got TWO boys and that was it. After that...a bunch a pansies.