6/12/09

The Jets Are Coming! The Jets Are Coming!

I am completely overjoyed at seeing two fighter jets streak across the sky at lightning speed. I love the rumbly tumbly feeling in my belly as the engines roar overhead. Each and everytime, my eyes light up and sparkle again and again through their practice runs.

Luckily for me, we have found a perfect place to park and eat lunch while out and about with the boys! It’s not exactly a park, but it has everything we could ever need for an hour or two of peaceful time.

1. It runs alongside the New York Canal, so the boys have plenty of rocks to practice skipping in to the water.


2. It overlooks Boise, with big city construction and traffic as the only background noise.
3. And of course, it is right by the Boise Airport runway.

As we were chowing down on our delicious lunchtime specials this week, the military base was hopping with fighter jet activity. And we were treated to quite the aerial show.


Overhead they’d race, splitting apart and making remarkable turns, circling around, swooping down to “touchdown” and then take off again, round and round they’d go.
I get so giddy and silly, I hop up and down. Oh, it’s a sight to share!

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Between my crush on airplanes and access to throwing rocks in water, this place is one my new favorite picnic spots in Boise.