2/20/09

Making amends

As I'm sure most of my loyal readers are aware, a few months ago I wrote a fairly controversial blog. My blog was aimed at being humerous, and instead took a wrong turn into being offensive; very offensive. For this I sincerely apologize.



Just over a year ago, when I began to join the world wide web with the phenomonen of blogoland, I didn't expect any blog to spread past my inner circle. For some silly reason (not so silly if you know how niave I can really be) I expected that the only ones who would read it were people who were really close to me. I expect that these people know who I am and my true heart and kindness, so I didn't think that it would be taken in any wrong sense.

Since then, I have noticed that some very dear people to me no longer include my site in their lists of blogs to visit. Maybe I'm completely off and I'm truthfully too boring to check up on, but still... Mending needs to be done.



I can be very stubborn and rotten headed. But in truth I can also be very generous and upfront. I am generous at giving forgiveness when it is deserved. I am very upfront when I need to apologize to someone for wronging them. I put some words into the world that were unkind, no matter how I meant them. In truth, if I can't say something nice - I shouldn't have said anything at all.

These last 7 months have been filled with twists, turns, highs, and lonely lows. Being a new college student, and also a working mother to four of the most beautiful boys ever, has meant that I have a lot of new information thrown at me from all angles. During the time when I wrote that shameful post, I was doing an assignment on being too politically correct. Jeremy, my wonderful husband, would tell you that I am impressionable and very easily convinced on subjects I don't know intimately. I am not trying to excuse my actions, I felt like clearing the air.

I am deeply and truly sorry to those of my friends, and even unknown blogotown readers, that I offended. It has never been my intention to hurt anyone. Thank you to all my wonderful friends and family, that love me through my idiot moments. Truly, you are the best.

3 comments:

Julia said...

I'm very proud of you Becka. It takes a big person to admit when they are wrong and even bigger to apologize (especially to the world)! For FHE last week Jeff had us watch Elder Holland's talk on unkind words. It was so powerful for me. I've thought about it all week. You are a sweetheart and I'm thankful you are my niece. Love you!

Anonymous said...

You are sweet and I love you.

Jeremy said...

I know of your true character and integrity no matter what you might say in your blog.